Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Kits, by Smiths Medical, include all the immediate implements for conducting a percutaneous tracheostomy. The trach kits utilize the Per-Fit
line of flexible PVC tubes. These trach tubes have a tapered distal tip
and a low-profile inflation cuff to make inserting the tube easier. The
kit also comes with two component groups that include: Prep Components,
Procedural Components, along with the Per-Fit tube, a range of
dilators, and obturator. These components are kept in sterile packaging.
Opening the kit will display a double-deck tray where the implements
and tools are grouped accordingly.
List of Prep Components
- 3 Stick Sponge Applicators4 Gauze Sponges (4'' x 4'')
- Fenestrated Drapes with Tabs (24" x 36")
- 2 Iodophor PVP, 1 oz
- Iodophor PVP Scrub, 4 oz
List of Procedural Components
- A-Bevel Needle 22g" x 11/2"
- #11 Disposable Scalpel
- Three 10 mL Plastic Syringes
- 2 Split Trach Dressing 4'' x 4'' Gauze Sponges
- 2 Velcro Trach Tube Holder
- Lidocaine 1.5% with Epinephrine, 5 mL
- PEEP-Keep Swivel Adapter
- 10fr x 11/2" Dilator
- 16g x 11/2" Introducer Needle
- J-Tip Guide Wire
- 8fr Guiding Catheter
- 7.0mm Per-fit Tube with Inner cannula (green termination and inner cannula)
- 17fr Dilator
- 25fr Dilator
- 28fr Dilator
- 32fr Dilator
- 20fr Obturator/Dilator
Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Kits Features and Benefits
- The kits include most all the tools to perform a percutaneous trach insertion.
- The all-inclusive kit is sterile packaged.
- The kit includes a cuffed tube that is streamlined and requires little force to insert into the stoma opening.
- The kit will help perform the tracheostomy that is faster and often more economic than traditional surgical techniques.